1. Cuchulainn and his coachman Loeg son of Ríangabair then went for a ride along the Boyne. In his chariot he had a fidschell and a búanbach. (?) His belt was full of deadly (slingshot) stones, and in his hand [he held] a spear, to which was attached a rope, to kill fish, and so could he hardly grasp the reins. of the tank.
2. Fedelm Foltchaín and her husband Elcmaire arrived on the other side of the Boyne. Elcmaire said to his wife: "An unwelcome intruder (?), Fedelm!" "
3. Fedelm replied: "Stay to protect me until I see if the man in the lower seat in the front with his companion is able to race with another [man] taking care of both. horses with their fidchel, their búanbach, and the birds captured in each plain.
4. So at the tip of his spear he pulled out a speckled salmon from the Boyne. Elcmaire went towards the ford, and he drew (?) A pillar with four faces (?) So that the chariot was terrified (?) At this. Cuchulainn cut off both his thumbs and two big toes.
5. Fedelm promised [to be] with him for a year and to show himself naked to the Ulates when he arrived. That day, a year later, she exposed herself naked, and that's what caused Ulates disease, et cetera.