The mythology Kazakh-Kirghiz means myths and legends of the two Kazakh and Kyrgyz peoples, culturally very close.
The origin of the Kazakh people is complex. It has its origins in the peoples turkish and tribes mongolian medieval, including the Argyns, Doulats, Naimans, Jalayirs, Khazars and Karluks, as well as Cumans; other peoples took part in the formation of the Kazakh people, such as the Huns, the Sarmatians, the Sakas and the Scythians, who lived in the territories between Siberia and the Black Sea between the Ve and XIIIe centuries. The Kazakh khanate, the first political emanation of the Kazakh people, was only really formed XVe century.
The Kyrgyz or Kirghiz are a Turkish-speaking people (Kyrgyz) residing in Kyrgyzstan and in the border regions of Tajikistan and western China (Xinjiang Autonomous Region). The etymology of their name has given rise to several hypotheses.
- It can be "those who wander in the steppe" (cf. Turks of Turkey kirk, "Steppe" and gez-, "Wander" or simply "men of the steppe").
- A popular etymology makes them descend from "forty daughters" (qirq qız which means "forty girls". According to a legend, forty girls whose tribe had been massacred would have been impregnated by a mythical beast or a griffin.
Kazakh-Kirghiz mythology (texts)
- Grove of dancing birches
- Origin of Lake Burabay
- Aisha bibi
- Legend of Mount Kazygurt.
- Legend of Mount Kelinshektau.
- Legend of Ukash ata.
- Legends about Arystan-Baba.
- Legend about Shopan-Ata.
- Legend of Akshora and Beltoran.
- Legend about Abat-Baitak.
- Legend of Kabanbai batyr.
- The legend of Tobol.
- Legend about Irtysh river.
- Legend of the Ablaketka River.
- The legend of Bayan Sulu and Kozy Kopresh.
- The legend of Mount Belukha.
- Legend about Kent palace.
- Legend about Shaitankol Lake.
- Legend of lake Balkhash.
- Mountains of Kent – the land of legends.
- The legend about Borovoye.
- The legend of the blade kulan.
- Tradition about Alasha-Khan.
- Legend about Akyrtas.
- Legend about Shanyshkyly Berdykozha-batyr.
- Kogershin Rock in Bayanaul.
- Olzhabai and Zhasybai.
- The legend of Akkun in Bayanaul
- The legend of Asan Kaigy.
- The legend of the camel Kokshetau.
- Epic Moonlik-Zarlyk.
- Legend about Okshy-ata.
- Legend of Begim-ana.
- Legend of Korkyt.